The Majesty and Beauty

I haven't done any more interesting cooking recently (except for making pecan ice cream this past shabbos. It was delicious. Oh, and I made mozzarella sticks. Also tasty.) but I have been doing some artwork.

A couple weeks ago, the Huz and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary. We decided to make a weekend of it and spread the fun out. So Thursday, July 29th, we went out to dinner with some friends, Friday we went hiking at Piney Run, and Sunday we headed downtown for a day at the science center.



Our hike at Piney Run was spontaneous. I wanted to do SOMETHING outdoors because it was a perfect day. We didn't have time for boating, but we figured the trails seemed like a good idea.



We picked a trail and started walking. Our goal was to get near the water and enjoy the relaxing view, but due to recent storms, there were a lot of fallen trees and branches which kept us from getting all the way to the water.



All in all, it was still a fun and beautiful experience.



On another topic, for the past couple of months, I've been taking painting lessons with my grandmother. I've always admired her talent and wished I could do what she does. I finally had the opportunity to learn from her when she moved back to Baltimore, so I took advantage of it and asked her to teach me. My first picture was a pretty little scene of a path along the side of a house and garden. It has fun colors and minimal detail, so it was a good first choice. When I showed my grandmother a picture that I wanted HER to paint for me, she suggested I give it a try.



This is a picture that I took in Dallas when I was there for my brother's engagement. It was right around Halloween time and this little pumpkin display was set up on someone's brick mailbox in the neighborhood where we were staying. The task of painting it was daunting, but I think I did pretty well (considering it's only my second attempt at oil painting).



Please, feel free to flatter me. :)

Comments

Unknown said…
It's really good! I wish I could paint that well, or have any artistic abilities at all! :D
Mya said…
Sara!!

It looks so good!! Seriously you clearly received your Grandmas artistic genes!

Love it!

Love ya!
Anonymous said…
good work. shows you have skill and an eye for color

MIL ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Picking

Coconut Milk Caramel