Quinoa Waldorf Salad (and a great corn salad, too!)

This past shabbos, I was expecting to have guests and was trying to plan a menu which would include the apples I had in my fridge. I was considering a waldorf salad, but it seemed too boring. Then it hit me: What if I made a waldorf salad...WITH QUINOA?! I know what you're thinking. "Woah, Sara! Don't go crazy now!"

But I made it.

And it was wonderful.

And you will love it, too.

Quinoa Waldorf Salad

Ingredients
  • 1 Cup uncooked Quinoa
  • 1 and 1/2 Cups apple juice
  • 1/2 Cup water
  • 2 Granny Smith apples, cubed
  • 1/2 Cup Craisins
  • 1 stalk celery, sliced
  • 1 tsp oil
  • 1 Tbsp vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • candied pecans (optional)
Instructions
  1. Pour the quinoa, juice and water into a saucepan and cook according to package directions.
  2. Let the quinoa cool, then mix the oil, vinegar and sugar and add to quinoa.
  3. Mix in all other ingredients. Eat and enjoy. :)

Corn Salad (Recipe from Talia)

Ingredients
  • 2 cans of yellow and/or white corn
  • 1 red pepper, diced
  • 1 yellow or green pepper, diced
  • 1/2 purple onion, diced
  • 2 stalks celery, diced
  • 2 scallions (if you have them), chopped
  • 1/2 Cup vinegar
  • 1/4 Cup oil
  • 1/2 C sugar
  • 1 Tbsp salt
  • 1/2 Tbsp pepper
Instructions
  1. Mix vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper.
  2. Mix vegetables with dressing.
  3. Let it marinate (I marinated it overnight, but you could probably just marinate it for a few hours)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Picking

Coconut Milk Caramel