Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms

You're gonna hate me. I hate myself for this. I made AMAZING stuffed portabella mushrooms on Tuesday, but I was so hungry that I ate them before getting any pictures. :( I know. I'll accept my punishment. But trust me. These were amazing.

Served with roasted veggies=FULL MEAL OF AWESOME!

Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms

  • Portabella mushrooms
  • 1 package garlic couscous, cooked (or whatever couscous you want to make is cool, too)
  • Ricotta/cottage cheese
  • Shredded mozzarella
  • Optional: sauteed spinach, sauteed onions, fried crispy onions, Any other awesomes

  1. Wipe mushrooms with a damp paper towel to clean and remove stems.  Rinsing mushrooms waterlogs them. They're little sponges.
  2. Place in a pan, gill side up. (Some people remove the gills, but I love their flavor so I keep them.)
  3. Sprinkle mushrooms with a pinch of salt, garlic powder, and onion powder.
  4. Spread a layer of ricotta/cottage cheese on.  Don't skimp.  If you're going to add any other toppings (onions, spinach, etc) either add them now, or mix them with the couscous.
  5. Pile on some couscous.  Again, don't skimp.  Fill those caps!
  6. Top with shredded cheese and broil until the cheese is nice and brown.  My milchig oven doesn't broil, because it's a convection oven from the 80's (seriously), so I just put it at the highest temperature and kept an eye on it.  Took almost 15 minutes to brown that cheese for me, but that's probably because the oven door popped open and I didn't notice. :(
Eat it up! Yum yum yum!

Note: You can use low-fat cheeses and quinoa to lighten this up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coconut Milk Caramel

Strawberry Picking