This is going to have to be a quickie post, because I have to go to bed.
You see, our upstairs neighbor is in the habit of blasting his music at odd hours on Sunday mornings
Today he was blasting it around 4:30.
I was not amused.
Tomorrow I have a long day, and as you can imagine, I'm tired.
So this will be quick.
Made them on pure impulse (and some other ingredients).
- 1 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- .5 tsp salt
- .5 tsp pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter/margarine
- 7 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1/3 Cup Splenda (or other bakeable sugar substitute)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 Cup molasses
- 1 Large egg
- Extra sugar for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients (all except the sugar) in a bowl (or in a tupperware container, and shake)
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, butter, and oil until fully combined.
- Mix in the vanilla, molasses, and the egg.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until all of the flour is combined.
- Now you can do one of the following:
- Either you can form this into logs and freeze it until firm and sliceable OR
- Place the dough in the fridge until slightly firm, form 1-2 Tbsp sized balls, roll in sugar, flatten, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-14 minutes, until they are puffy and cracked on top.
- Let them sit for 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
Now tell yourself they're healthy, and eat them all.