Chocholate Peanut Butter Cake

I just realized that I failed to report on the chocolate peanut butter cake I made for shavuos. First, so as not to keep you in suspense, I will tell you that it was a very yummy cake. However, it was a lot more trouble then it was worth, and it didn't turn out quite how I imagined it would. In my head, it was going to be a giant Reese's Cup. In reality, it was a cake that was very peanut-buttery (and a bit dry) with a frosting that was also very peanut-buttery, and neither were very sweet. The redeeming value was the chocolate sauce, which played off the peanut butter in that way that only chocolate can. But really, there was just way too much peanut butter and not nearly enough chocolate for my taste.

My key problem with this cake was assembly. Icing, stacking and glazing the cakes was a real pain, especially because I didn't remember to let the glaze cool before pouring it over the cake, so it kind of just slopped all over the place making a huge (delicious) mess. I think if I were to make this again, I would bake it in a 9x13 pan, leave off the icing, and just pour on the glaze. I think that would be the best way to do it, both for simplicity and flavor.

Okay, now that I've rectified that and you're all well informed about more of my baking misadventures, I can sleep easy. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Picking

Coconut Milk Caramel