Cherry Picking and Pasta with Meat Sauce



As some of my Facebook followers are aware, I recently went cherry picking. If you've never gone fruit picking before, let me tell you that it's incredibly fun, and it's a family friendly activity, too! But here's the thing: You end up with a lot of fruit! So what to do with all those cherries? Well, I know what I want to do!



I recently saw a fantastic sounding recipe for Chocolate Chunk Cherry Ice Cream. The recipe was pretty simple, and I knew that with one of my favorite secret ingredients, I could make it pareve to boot! So tonight, I went ahead and broke out my ice cream maker.



Now, I can't really give you results on it yet because it's still hardening in the freezer, but rest assured that tomorrow you'll be seeing an update with the outcome and the recipe.



But to tide you over....

Tonight I wanted something easy for dinner because I didn't get home from shopping with my mother until after 7. (I got SHOES!!!!) I had bought some "Spicy Italian Chicken and Turkey Sausage" and decided to use it to make a simple meat sauce. Here's how I did it:


Pasta with Meat Sauce

Ingredients:
  • Pasta, cooked according to package directions
  • Spicy Italian Chicken and Turky Sausage, or other sausage of your choice, cut into bitesized chunks
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 tbsp chopped/minced garlic
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp white wine
  • 1/2 bottle Barilla Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce
Instructions
  1. coat the bottom of a small saucepan with olive oil
  2. Sauté the onion for ~1-2 minutes, until just translucent
  3. Add in sausage and continue sautéing, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown
  4. Add in minced garlic, stir around and cook about 1 min
  5. Add white wine, let simmer ~2-3 mins
  6. Add marinara sauce, cover and simmer until hot
  7. Pour over pasta and enjoy. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Picking

Coconut Milk Caramel