A Fall Squash Extravaganza!

Last night, I decided to cook my SECOND meal since having a baby. When I had gone grocery shopping earlier in the week, I had gone a little crazy with the Fall squash selection. Well, not too crazy. I saw spaghetti and acorn squash and felt the pull of Fall cuisine.

So I pulled it together and made a really awesome Fall dish last night from the squash and a few other items in my pantry. I didn't know if I was really going to like it, but it turned out pretty excellent. It's healthy and, actually, vegan.

It's also easy, which you know makes it all that much better.

Spaghetti Squash with Acorn Squash and Chick Peas

Ingredients:
  • 1 Large Spaghetti Squash
  • 1 small acorn squash
  • 1 can of chick peas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 8oz package of mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/2 small onion, diced
  • olive oil
  • Garlic powder
  • salt & pepper
  • nutmeg
  • cinnamon
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375. Pierce both squashes all over with a small sharp knife, then place in the oven for about an hour until they're easily pierced with a knife.
  2. In a frying pan, saute the mushrooms, onions, and chickpeas in olive oil. Season with the spices to taste.
  3. Cut the acorn squash into chunks (discarding the seeds, of course) and add to the frying pan, sauteeing and stirring until flavored.
  4. Cut spaghetti squash in half, discard seeds, and use a fork to shred out strings. Serve with chick pea mixture. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Picking

Coconut Milk Caramel