A Confession and a Dream (and French Toast, Too!)



Anyone who knows anything about photography knows that it takes more than an expensive camera to make someone a photographer. It actually takes skill, knowledge, and a lot of creativity.

And in food photography, that creativity requires the right props.

As I've surfed the blogosphere, looking up recipes and seeing other people's techniques, it's become abundantly clear that before I can get those REALLY awesome, mouth-watering shots of my cooking, I'm going to need a little more equipment.

I'm going to need nice dishes.

I'm going to need an attractive surface on which to place the dishes that DOESN'T have my messy kitchen in the background.

And I'm going to need a better memory. Because every time I go to cook something, I completely forget that I want to take pictures of the cooking process.

I suddenly remembered this past Friday, and started to take pictures of my chicken preparation.



Unfortunately, due to the lack of attractive dishes, the pictures came out so gross-looking that I actually deleted them (except this one, because I thought that with a little editing it would make a cool monster! Rawr!) And I NEVER delete pictures.

And this Sunday, I made french toast and it didn't even OCCUR to me to take pictures of the egg mixture, the soaking bread, and the toast in the frying pan.

But I did get a few shots of the finished product covered in DELICIOUS powdered sugar.



And my confession? I'm not a photographer. Not yet. I'm just a girl with a dream. A dream that one day I'll have all the necessary skill and gear to take awesome pictures like the ones my favorite bloggers take. For now, just bear with me while I'm learning the ropes. One day, I'll get it right. At least, I think I'm on the right track. :)

And my other confession? I ate a whole cup of that powdered sugar after we finished off the french toast. And I...don't...regret it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Picking

Coconut Milk Caramel