Needless to say, this made me hungry...even though we were watching it while eating dinner...
This seemed like a great opportunity to use the puff pastry recipe I got from my favorite Facebook group, Jewish Balti-Mommies.
It also seemed like a great use for the ancient apple that was in the fridge.
Yeah, it was totally delicious.
Puff Pastry Dough
- 2 Cups flour
- 1/4 Cup oil
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix all ingredients together
- Let rest for 10 minutes
(yields 2 large)
- 1 batch puff pastry dough
- 1 apple (I used granny smith)
- sugar (I'm guessing it was between 1/4 Cup and 1/2 Cup)
- cinnamon (1 tsp?)
- Slice apple thin and then toss with sugar and cinnamon until well coated
- Split dough in half, roll each half into a large circle.
- Place half of the apple slices on one half of a dough circle, then fold over the other half and pinch it shut. Repeat.
- Sprinkle more sugar on top, make some slits in the dough
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes (or longer. I think it should have baked longer.)