Impulsive Baking: Turnover Edition


Tonight, the Huz and I were watching the most recent episode of Once Upon A Time, which featured a "poisoned" apple turnover. 

Needless to say, this made me hungry...even though we were watching it while eating dinner... 
This seemed like a great opportunity to use the puff pastry recipe I got from my favorite Facebook group, Jewish Balti-Mommies. 

It also seemed like a great use for the ancient apple that was in the fridge. 

Yeah, it was totally delicious. 



Puff Pastry Dough
  • 2 Cups flour
  • 1/4 Cup oil
  • 3/4 Cup water
  • 1 tsp salt
  1. Mix all ingredients together
  2. Let rest for 10 minutes
Apple Turnovers
(yields 2 large)
  • 1 batch puff pastry dough
  • 1 apple (I used granny smith)
  • sugar (I'm guessing it was between 1/4 Cup and 1/2 Cup)
  • cinnamon (1 tsp?)
  1. Slice apple thin and then toss with sugar and cinnamon until well coated
  2. Split dough in half, roll each half into a large circle.
  3. Place half of the apple slices on one half of a dough circle, then fold over the other half and pinch it shut.  Repeat.
  4. Sprinkle more sugar on top, make some slits in the dough
  5. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes (or longer.  I think it should have baked longer.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Picking

Coconut Milk Caramel