Pride & Joy

Before I became a mom, I though baby drool, spit-up, and other bodily fluids were...pretty darn gross.  I knew I would become a mom one day, but I couldn't really imagine actually DEALING with all of those things.

Yet here I am.  Wearing my daughter's lunch like a badge of honor.

I always knew I wanted to be a mother one day, but I never really knew why.  Maybe it was societal pressures, maybe it was biology.  Whatever it was, it was there, even before I ever developed an interest in children.

And now I've made it.

And I finally know why.

I won't bother enumerating the wonderful things about having a baby of my own.  You can't quantify love.  I just wanted to share this feeling with you all.

My daughter's bodily fluids are actually still pretty gross.

And smelly.

And sometimes don't wash out.

But I wear them with pride.

I am a mother.

And that makes me mother enough. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Picking

Coconut Milk Caramel