Am I Really This Desperate?

This is going to be a really boring post, because I just had the urge (most likely an old facebook habit) to share some completely insignificant information: what I'm going to cook today.

So, here goes...

I've had a bread machine since I got married two years ago, and every time I've tried to use it for my old challah recipe, it fails me miserably. However, I just found a recipe for bread machine challah in the Kosher Palate (sp?) and I've decided to try it today.

I also have a brand spankin' new food processor that I got as a "free" prize for buying way too many raffle tickets for the Oorah auction. It looks and feels high quality, but having never had a food processor before, I don't really know how to tell. Well, today I'm going to break it in to make a potato kugel for third meal. Yay!

Finally, I've been drafted to make dessert for Izzy and Karen's potluck dinner tonight, so I'm going a little boring because baking really isn't my thing. Duncan Heinz brownie mix with vanilla icing on top. I hope that's not too simple, guys! I could, alternatively, make another spice cake. I think that would give me an excuse to use my new hand mixer?

So that lets me use all of my major appliances except for one--the Kitchenaid Professional 600 Series Stand Mixer!!! I got it for my wedding two years back and only just took it out of the box last week. It may sound silly, but all this time the size of the box intimidated me, and I've never used a mixer before so I wasn't quite sure what to do with it. I'm still not. Does anyone have a good first-time stand mixer recipe I can make? Something to help me get a feel of the machine so I know what it can do.

And that ends today's kitchen adventures.

By the way, even though I don't cook often, and am usually afraid to try new recipes, I do want to have a hefty recipe collection to sit and stare at when I'm feeling adventurous, so feel free to post or email your favorite (easy) recipes.

Comments

Rachel said…
I made something that has no bearing whatsoever on your kitchen appliances, but which was good anyway--a chicken salad with plums. Take shnitzels, sprinkle liberally with salt, pepper, paprika, and parsley on both sides, sautee (pan-sear?) in a pan greased with plenty of olive oil, until done/nicely browned.
Make a salad--baby lettuce, tomatoes, red/green onions, and sliced plums. Slice the chicken and put it in.
Dressing: Ketchup, olive oil, wine, and several spoonfuls of raspberry jam (any jam will do, really--your choice of fruit). If you wanted it creamy, you could experiment with mayo.

I can't give you measurements, because I don't use them. Just use your judgment.

Oh, right--eat and enjoy.

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Picking

Coconut Milk Caramel

A Note About The Unknown