Friday, July 9, 2010

Photographic evidence!



This week I decided to try making more of those lime meltaway cookies from last week, but this time I made them without the zest and with the right amount of sugar. And guess what! Turns out the zest adds something after all. Don't get me wrong, they're still decent cookies, but without the zest they lack a certain...well...zest. I did, however, manage to take pictures this time (See above ^_^)

I also made a second batch of these cookies which used almond extract instead of lime juice. Now, since almond extract has a much stronger flavor than lime juice, I decided to use only 1 tablespoon instead of 2. I don't think the flavor came through too well, though. I might try using more next time.



I'll update this post on Sunday when the votes are in from the rest of the family.

Oh, and good news! I left two logs of dough in the freezer to bake later, when my brother and sister-in-law are in town. That way they can have some fresh from the oven. You're welcome! :oP

1 comment:

Mya said...

Yay! We can't wait, your too nice!!!

We love ya!

See you in a couple of hours!