Wasting my time? You betcha!

So, as all two of my avid readers are aware, I've been thinking about the possibility of doing a web-comic. Now, I don't want to give anything away just yet, but I've already started work on one that I think has a lot of potential. My key feature here is something that I have NEVER seen before in almost any medium: The normal lives of normal people, who happen to be Orthodox Jews. What I mean by that is, my characters will be Orthodox Jews, the content will be kosher, but that won't be the focal point. I will try not to resort to cheesy Jew jokes ("Huuuurrrrr, I'm so cheap cuz I'm Joo-ish!") or hideous Yiddish puns. It will not be a social commentary on the religious community or on Judaism in general. In fact, it will give little-to-no attention to the Jewishness of the characters beyond what would be normal in the day to day life of a Jewish teen (based on me as a teen, of course...only more kosher.)

I've already drawn up my first comic and I'm working on the second. So far, it's just sketches to nail down an art style and plot out my first story arc. Once I've doodled up about 10 or so comics, I'll move on to step two: buying a tablet and beginning to properly illustrate. For the record, my birthday is coming up and if anyone is interested in getting me something nice, that little link leads you to a good idea. Of course, if someone wants to sprint for a Wacom, I would love them for the rest of their lives. :oD

Speaking of my birthday, other than the above, I will here lay out my rules for gifting for Sara:

1) Item should not be expensive unless you're sure it's something I really want.
2) Item should contain one or more of the following qualities: Shiny, fluffy, or pleasant smelling. This includes jewelery, stuffed animals, and scented candles or Lush products.

That's actually it. Pretty simple, really. So, once again, the birthday is October 25th. Of course, I accept presents all year round. :)

I've reached the point where I don't even remember what I started this post off talking about, so I'm gonna go now. Good night, everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Picking

Coconut Milk Caramel

A Note About The Unknown