Shopping, Beef and Nostalgia

Well, it's that time of the week again, so here goes. DISCLAIMER: If you have little to no interest in hearing the details of my shopping trip from today, don't read the next paragraph!

As good fortune would have it, due to the federal holiday my second job of the day was closed so I got to take some me time. First my parents took Yaakov, Alan and myself out to lunch, then I went shopping with my mother, which is something I rarely get to do. Now, I love spending time with my mom, especially when we're shopping because occasionally she buys me things. ^_^ Today, I got a nice pair of suede boots from Nordstrom Rack (the only kind of Nordstrom I shop in). I looked at some really cute and REALLY on sale dresses at Macy's too, but they didn't work out. :(

Now on to cooking details: I currently have some beef in the oven. Several months ago I was buying meat and my dad was in the store at the same time and suggested that I buy large quantities of flanken because it was on sale. Well, I had used all but the last package, which I discovered in the freezer last night and put in the fridge to defrost. I just stuck it in the oven on top of some brown rice and poured one packet of Tabatchnik's frozen Frenchman's Onion Soup over it. (I had attempted to eat that soup as soup a while back and discovered that 1, it was fleishig {and who makes french onion soup without cheese?!} and 2, it was SOOOOOO salty. But it seems like it would make great gracy. Guess we'll find out.) I have no vegetables in the house or we'd be eating some of those too. Oh well.

That's really all I have to talk about. Except that I have a 1 page paper due tomorrow on, and I quote, "the cycles in (my) life." My teacher is fond of giving very vague assignments because he wants to see what we'll do with it. I've written about relationship cycles that I've noticed. The way that we cycle through friendships (or at least I do O_O) by spending lots of time with someone during a certain period and then spending significantly less time with them at other periods. It's phrased a little more eloquently (I hope) in the paper.

On that note, I've recently been going through some old pictures on my computer and discovering how much I miss some of my old friends. There are so many people I've lost touch with, either out of necessity or because we just drifted apart, and I really miss some of them. Admittedly, it's a pretty short list. Most of the people I removed from my life were removed with good reason and I rarely feel nostalgic for them. There are, however, a few people who I really wish I could have kept, or who I wish lived closer, or who I wish I could see more often. This was, actually, another reason that I got rid of facebook. It often served as a constant reminder of how many friends I've lost over the years. Just because I'm friends with them on facebook doesn't actually mean that we're "in touch." It just means we know what the other is doing, but there's little-to-no personal contact involved. There's no real friendship there.

Am I babbling? I'm babbling. I'm sorry. Tell me more about you. ~flutters eyelashes~

Don't ask. I'm tired and hungry and it made sense when I wrote it, ok? Anway, hope you enjoyed this long rambling post. Have a good week!

Comments

Diana!!! said…
I kkow exactly what you mean about fluctuating relationships..

but facebook does miss you..


as do I as a matter of fact.
Sara said…
Facebook is a tool of the man and the bourgeois society! It's holding down the proletariat, man!

And by that I mean...Hi! I miss you too! Let's hang out soon. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Picking

Coconut Milk Caramel